Cleaning up the kitchen is part of cooking. Not only is it easier to cook and bake in a clean kitchen, but clean surfaces will keep your family healthier and safer. Take some time to learn these easy tips and preventative measures and before you know it your kitchen will be cleaned and sanitized. Make cleaning second nature and you’ll save time and money.
1) Clean counters and sinks, and mop the floor at least once a week. Use a mop with antibacterial soap to kill bacteria. Check out our floor care section to find the right product for you.
2) To remove grease, clean appliances thoroughly with a sponge, do not use steel wool as this will scratch the surface. Vinegar is a good cleaner, apply it on the surface and scrub.
3) Remove fingerprints from cabinets with a soft sponge using dish soap and water. Empty out kitchen cabinets and wipe morsels from inside the cabinets with a damp cloth. Line shelves with paper towels that can be changed easily when required.
4) Keep kitchen windows clean inside and out.
5) Wash kitchen curtains weekly and press before hanging.
6) Empty the trashcan and reline it. If your trashcan is very dirty, wash it with detergent. To keep the garbage from sticking on the base of the bin place newspaper down before lining.
7) Do not use the same duster or cloths to clean everything. Change kitchen cloths everyday or even twice in the same day for drying dishes, wiping spills and cleaning countertops.
8 ) Organize cutlery, crockery and pantry areas. Discard all the items that are past their use-by date, make a list of items that need to be replaced and give away anything that won’t be used.
9) Wipe down bacteria friendly spots on the refrigerator handle with Sprayway Disinfectant Spray .
10) Cover the tops of kitchen cabinets with wax paper; it will attract the grease and dirt. After every week just roll up the paper, discard and replace.
11) Use Pest Control Products, Insecticides and Pesticides for ants and roaches.
12) Wash rarely used utensils. Replace or repair items that are not in use, broken or not in working condition.
13) Wipe clean the exhaust fan and light fittings. Dust the walls and ceiling.